Garlic Bubble Loaf Recipe
Complete your next spaghetti dinner with this eye-catching loaf. Family and friends will have fun pulling off each rich and buttery piece. The idea for this recipe came from a friend, who received it from her mom. Finding just the right amount of butter involved some trial and error at first...and the same was true for the garlic powder! I ended up tailoring her original recipe to better suit my family's tastes. —Lynn Nichols, Bartlett, Nebraska
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6-1/4 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, shortening, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn out on a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into fourths. Divide each portion into 12 pieces. In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, parsley and garlic powder. Shape each piece into a ball; dip in the butter mixture. Place in two grease 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Pour any remaining butter mixture over dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 131 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC