- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6-1/4 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, shortening, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn out on a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into fourths. Divide each portion into 12 pieces. In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, parsley and garlic powder. Shape each piece into a ball; dip in the butter mixture. Place in two grease 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Pour any remaining butter mixture over dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Garlic Bubble Loaf
Sort By :
"Gorgeous recipe! The bread was so delicious. I did it in a tube pan and it worked perfectly!"
"Delicious! The only change I made was to put fresh garlic through a press and use it instead of garlic powder. Yum!"
"I just made this last night and everyone loved it. Next time I would change out the garlic powder for garlic salt. And, I didn't have any butter left to top the loaves, so I would heat up a little more and spread over the top. Also served with marina sauce for an appetizer."
"this was a hit at the dinner table with my pasta pizza dinner,"
"VERY TASTY - BUT I' have made this 3 times thus far & it hasn't come out slicable yet. Each one of the "balls" comes off the loaf like "monkey bread"- granted, baking is not my forte - so what am I doing wrong??"