There's nothing like good down-home cooking, and this recipe proves the point.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the sesame oil, canola oil and red pepper flakes over medium heat for 2 minutes or until hot. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Drain broccoli and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour garlic sauce over; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Broccoli in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p244
Reviews for Garlic Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
"My son actually asked for seconds!!!"