- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the sesame oil, canola oil and red pepper flakes over medium heat for 2 minutes or until hot. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Drain broccoli and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour garlic sauce over; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Broccoli in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p244
Reviews for Garlic Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
"My son actually asked for seconds!!!"