Garlic Broccoli Spears
Looking for an effortless way to liven up fresh broccoli? In Hattiesburg, Mississippi, Shirley Glaab tosses cooked spears with garlic and lemon juice for simple, savory results.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the broccoli in a saucepan with a small amount of water; cover
- and cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine remaining
- ingredients. Drain broccoli and place in a serving dish; add lemon
- mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 62 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.