Garlic Broccoli Pasta Recipe
"This recipe takes under a half-hour to fix and makes a great weeknight entree or side dish," suggests Michele Thompson of Santa Clarita, California. "It's one of my 4-year-old's favorites. He calls the broccoli and pasta combination 'noodles and trees'."
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. Drain pasta; add to saucepan and toss to coat. Add the broccoli, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 231 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Broccoli Pasta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC