Garlic Brie Pizza
Elegant occasions require fancy appetizers like this. Family and friends will be surprised to hear just how easy it is to prep.Gail Cawsey, Sequim, Washington
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 whole garlic bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Brie cheese
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate
- cloves). Cut the top off each garlic bulb. Brush with oil. Wrap each
- bulb in heavy-duty foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425°
- for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze
- softened garlic into a small bowl and mash.
- Remove rind from Brie and discard. Cut Brie into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place crust on a 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with garlic. Arrange
- cheese slices over garlic; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 450°
- for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 286 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer