Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic. Brush over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with parsley. Place, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 2-in. slices. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 258 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Bread
"Great taste, and healthier than store bought frozen bread. Less additives."
"Excellent! The cooking directions resulted in perfectly cooked garlic bread!"
"i have never tasted it but i think it will taste really good cause it looks really good"
"I've made this garlic bread several times. My family loves it. I use whatever bread I happen to have on hand. This last time I used Texas toast. It was yummy. We enjoy cheese on our garlic bread. so i split the batch and do one set with parmesan cheese. Thanks for sharing a delicious recipe for us all to enjoy. It's very quick and easy."
"Absolutely delicious and so fast and easy to make. Just a few little ingredients and it is so good and fresh"
"Using the hot dog buns sounds like a great idea - I'll have to try that!"
"For just the 2 of us I just get hot dog buns make the spread, enough for just the 2 buns. Turns out lovely."
"When I needed a recipe for garlic bread for a spaghetti dinner fundraiser, I decided to go with this one. Not only was it the first thing to go, but several people commented that it was the best garlic bread they had ever had. To make it easier, I didn't bother to melt the butter. I just combined room temperature butter with the garlic, then spread it over the french bread halves. Then I sprinkled dried parsley and a little garlic salt over the top. It was so good, I was eating the crumbs out of the bottom of the serving bowl!"