Garlic Bread with Herbs Recipe
No Italian meal is complete without bread. This garlic herb version comes from our home economists. If desired, top with shredded provolone cheese.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Romano cheese, basil, parsley and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with provolone cheese if desired.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 323 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC