Garlic Bread with Cheese Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the cheeses, onions, Italian seasoning and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and bubbly. Cut into 2-in. slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 775 calories, 58 g fat (30 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 1,257 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Bread with Cheese
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.