- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- In a small bowl, beat butter and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the cheeses, onions, Italian seasoning and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and bubbly. Cut into 2-in. slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Bread with Cheese
Sort By :
"I love this garlic bread, probably the best I've ever tasted. I won't make this often because it is so fattening but very, very good once in a while."
"Easy and delicious! We made this recipe for dinner to go along with spaghetti and meatballs, it was amazing. The whole family ate it up and were already requesting it to be made again soon. 5 stars for sure!"
"Absoloutely amazing. My family loved it. I ended up adding more garlic and sprinkling extra cheddar cheese on top to suit our tastes. I also left out the chopped green onions since I didn't have any, I put in a tablespoon or so of dried onions. It was very simple and yummy! Am making again for tonights dinner! I can't wait!"
"This garlic bread is absolutely delicious. I've made it without the butter and increased the mayo to about 3/4 cup. Makes it very pasty. Spread thinly on the bread or the cheesyness can be a bit overpowering with a rich main course. Sometimes I skip the Italian seasoning. My entire family loves this no matter which way I make it. I get rave reviews when I serve it to guests. Could be cut in small strips and served as a warm/hot appetizer for a party."