Garlic Bread Salad Recipe
- 1 French bread baguette (about 8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut baguette lengthwise in half; cut each half into two pieces. In a small bowl, combine the butter, tomatoes, pesto and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, toss romaine and salad dressing; divide among bread slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
2 pieces (prepared with reduced-fat butter and fat-free dressing) equals 376 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.