Garlic Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, dissolve bouillon in water. Add the soup, mushrooms, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. In a skillet, brown beef in oil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Stir in cream cheese until smooth. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garlic Beef Stroganoff(32)
Sort By :
I made this for dinner a couple of nights ago. It was very, very good. I didn't add the cloves or Worcestershire sauce, just not crazy about either of them. I used beef hamburger, added 2 stalks of diced celery and used 1/3 less fat chive and onion cream cheese. I just had some for lunch and it was just as good as the first night. Thank you for the recipe Erika and TOH.
I experimented with variations of beef stroganoff for my husband, but he considers this one the best and I have made it several times. We make it at least once a month. I add a 1/2 more cup of boiling water just because my husband prefers it a little bit soupy. We also use sour cream instead of cream cheese. It smells and tastes absolutely delicious.
This is an excellent recipe, I did use the reduced fat cream cheese and added chopped celery. My husband and I loved this dish and I will be making this often. Thank you for the great recipe!
This was really good. I added some sour cream with the cream cheese and used fresh mushrooms instead of jar. My daughter said it was almost as good as Grandma's!
I used leftover venison roast and omitted putting it in the crock pot (since the meat was already cooked). I just made the sauce then added the chopped up roast to it. Also added a little bit of sour cream.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff >