Garlic Beef Stroganoff
"I'm a mom and work full-time, so I try to use my slow cooker whenever possible," explains Erika Anderson of Wausau, Wisconsin. "This Stroganoff is perfect because I can get it ready in the morning before the kids get up."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, dissolve bouillon in water. Add the soup,
- mushrooms, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. In a skillet,
- brown beef in oil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or
- until the meat is tender. Stir in cream cheese until smooth. Serve
- with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.