- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, dissolve bouillon in water. Add the soup, mushrooms, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. In a skillet, brown beef in oil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Stir in cream cheese until smooth. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garlic Beef Stroganoff
Sort By :
"This was great. I added 4oz of cream cheese and 2 oz of sour cream. I used fresh mushrooms and substituted floured stew meat."
"I made this for dinner a couple of nights ago. It was very, very good. I didn't add the cloves or Worcestershire sauce, just not crazy about either of them. I used beef hamburger, added 2 stalks of diced celery and used 1/3 less fat chive and onion cream cheese. I just had some for lunch and it was just as good as the first night. Thank you for the recipe Erika and TOH."
"I experimented with variations of beef stroganoff for my husband, but he considers this one the best and I have made it several times. We make it at least once a month. I add a 1/2 more cup of boiling water just because my husband prefers it a little bit soupy. We also use sour cream instead of cream cheese. It smells and tastes absolutely delicious."
"This is an excellent recipe, I did use the reduced fat cream cheese and added chopped celery. My husband and I loved this dish and I will be making this often. Thank you for the great recipe!"
"This was really good. I added some sour cream with the cream cheese and used fresh mushrooms instead of jar. My daughter said it was almost as good as Grandma's!"