Garlic Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in flour and seasonings. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups sauce into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place about 1/4 cup beef mixture off center on each tortilla; top with 1-2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place over sauce, seam side down. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Beef Enchiladas(89)
Sort By :
Doubled this and it turned out great. Didnt add the salt as the canned tomato has enough in it for us.
it was just ok
As good as everyone says. I put the minimum amount of seasoning it called for and it had tons of flavor. I will definitely make it again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >