Garlic Basil Bread
My family members have always been big on bread. And when I created this simple loaf, they asked for it time and again. if there is any left over, I like it for toast in the morning.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 2/3 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup warm sour cream (70° to 80°)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 100 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.