Garlic Basil Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup warm sour cream (70° to 80°)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 100 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Garlic Basil Bread
"This bread is fantastic. It's quite moist and didn't dry out when cooled like a lot of bread machine recipes. I didn't feel like mincing fresh garlic, so I just used some dried minced onions, but I'm sure fresh garlic would make it even better."
"A Excellent recipe, very flavorful and delightful. We make toast on the 2nd and succeeding days, untill it's gone. This Basil Garlic Bread Recipe has replaced our "nooks & cranies" English Muffins, at the kitchen table."
"This bread is wonderful! Years back I used to make all of my bread from scratch and this bread comes out with such a good consistency and is very moist! This one is a keeper!!"