My family members have always been big on bread. And when I created this simple loaf, they asked for it time and again. if there is any left over, I like it for toast in the morning.
Recommended: 35 Essential Recipes You Should Know by 35
- 2/3 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup warm sour cream (70° to 80°)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Basil Garlic Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p30
Reviews for Garlic Basil Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2011
"A Excellent recipe, very flavorful and delightful. We make toast on the 2nd and succeeding days, untill it's gone. This Basil Garlic bread Recipe has replaced our "nooks & cranies" English Muffins, at the kitchen table."