Garlic Au Gratin Tomatoes Recipe
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl,combine crumbs, garlic, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Stuff tomatoes; place in a greased shallow baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Au Gratin Tomatoes
"My husband and I get this request whenever we have the family together. Even though they take some time to prepare, it's worth the effort!"