You'll likely reach for this recipe when you have a bumper crop of tomatoes. The distinctive taste of garlic nicely enhances sweet juicy tomatoes.—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Featured In: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl,combine crumbs, garlic, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Stuff tomatoes; place in a greased shallow baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Au Gratin Tomatoes in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p41
Reviews for Garlic Au Gratin Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2009
"My husband and I get this request whenever we have the family together. Even though they take some time to prepare, it's worth the effort!"