Garlic Artichoke Dip Recipe
“This chilled dip is simply delicious, lower in fat and offers make-ahead convenience.” Lisa Varner - Charleston, South Carolina
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables and/or baked pita chips
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the onion, oregano and thyme in oil until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the beans, artichokes, lemon juice, salt, cayenne and onion mixture; cover and process until pureed.
- 3. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with vegetables and/or pita chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 81 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Garlic Artichoke Dip
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC