- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables and/or baked pita chips
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the onion, oregano and thyme in oil until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine the beans, artichokes, lemon juice, salt, cayenne and onion mixture; cover and process until pureed.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with vegetables and/or pita chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Garlic Artichoke Dip in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p41
Reviews for Garlic Artichoke Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review