This is the meal I have become famous for, and it is so simple. The garlic and apple flavors really compliment the pork. It's great with steamed fresh asparagus and roasted red potatoes. —Jennifer Loos, Washington Boro, Pennsylvania
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Cut the roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, water and garlic; pour over roast. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with cooking juices if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Apple Pork Roast in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p40
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Garlic-Apple Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review