Garlic-Apple Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Cut the roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, water and garlic; pour over roast. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with cooking juices if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Garlic-Apple Pork Roast
Sort By :
Tried this recipe yesterday and it is the ABSOLUTE BOMB!!!!! We loved it and will now become one of our top favorites! Thanks for sharing!
Amazingly both of my very picky kids love this pork recipe. I brown the roast first and cook it for about 5 hours depending on size. Super easy and delicious.
I did brown the roast on all sides; did not cut it in half. Cooked 4 hours on medium. Turned out great, and also used leftovers as pulled pork sandwiches.
I browned the pork first, used apple cider instead of the water, and fresh parsley. Only cooked it for four hours, using a 3.87lb roast. Perfect !!!
I have made this several times and it always turns out perfect. Extremely tender.