Garlic-Apple Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1. Cut the roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, water and garlic; pour over roast. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with cooking juices if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked meat (prepared with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt)equals 236 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer