- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Cut the roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, water and garlic; pour over roast. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with cooking juices if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Garlic-Apple Pork Roast
Sort By :
"I liked the flavor but it was dry. Maybe I shouldn't have cooked it as long just like many of the reviews stated."
"I followed the exact recipe and was disappointed. The roast did not have much flavor. There was no hint of garlic or Apple at all. I cooked it for only 4 hrs on low because of other reviews and it was still too long and turned out dry. It's frustrating to wait that long for dinner and not be happy with it."
"Tried this recipe yesterday and it is the ABSOLUTE BOMB!!!!! We loved it and will now become one of our top favorites! Thanks for sharing!"
"Amazingly both of my very picky kids love this pork recipe. I brown the roast first and cook it for about 5 hours depending on size. Super easy and delicious."
"I did brown the roast on all sides; did not cut it in half. Cooked 4 hours on medium. Turned out great, and also used leftovers as pulled pork sandwiches."