Garlic Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding garlic to the water. Drain; discard garlic.
- 2. Transfer pasta to a serving bowl; add butter. Toss gently until butter is melted. Add the Parmesan, chives and garlic salt if desired; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and nonfat Parmesan cheese and without garlic salt) equals 103 calories, 152 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.