- Pour pan drippings and loosened brown bits into a measuring cup. Skim
- fat, reserving 2 tablespoons. Add enough water to measure 2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and fat until smooth. Gradually
- stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with turkey.
- Yield: 14 servings (2 cups gravy).
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with about 2 tablespoons gravy equals 541 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 73 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer