Garlic Almond Shrimp Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, ginger and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in soy sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peas, mushrooms and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes longer.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Add oranges. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 230 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Garlic Almond Shrimp
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.