- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, ginger and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in soy sauce; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peas, mushrooms and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Add oranges. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Almond Shrimp in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p55
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Garlic Almond Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review