Garlic-Almond Green Beans
Garlic-Almond Green Beans is her family’s favorite way to eat this popular vegetable, writes Genny Monchamp from Redding, California. “The beans stay so bright and crisp. To speed things up even more, you could use frozen green beans instead of fresh.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- Pepper to taste
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Drain
- beans. Add the beans, almonds and pepper to skillet; toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 102 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.