- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 pounds)
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Sprinkle roast with pepper; place rib side down in a small roasting pan. Combine onion and garlic; spread over all sides of roast. Combine broth and ketchup; spoon 3/4 cup over roast. Set remaining broth mixture aside.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Baste with pan drippings every 20 minutes, adding reserved broth mixture as needed. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Stir any remaining broth mixture into pan drippings; heat through and serve with roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garlic 'n' Pepper Prime Rib
Sort By :
I bought a beautiful prime rib roast. Followed the directions to a t. Because prime rib is already so tender, this recipe makes the meat taste mushy. I might try this recipe on a tougher cut of meet. I also found the ketchup over pours any of the other flavours. I won't be using this recipe on a prime rib again. I feel terribly leaving a bad review, perhaps I did something wrong, but the flavours didn't do the meat justice.