Family and friends are delighted to see this roast adorning our table at celebrations throughout the year. It's a fancy favorite that's actually fuss free.
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 pounds)
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Sprinkle roast with pepper; place rib side down in a small roasting pan. Combine onion and garlic; spread over all sides of roast. Combine broth and ketchup; spoon 3/4 cup over roast. Set remaining broth mixture aside.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Baste with pan drippings every 20 minutes, adding reserved broth mixture as needed. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Stir any remaining broth mixture into pan drippings; heat through and serve with roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic 'n' Pepper Prime Rib in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p46
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garlic 'n' Pepper Prime Rib
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review