Garlic, Bacon & Stilton Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Creamy and savory, these mashed potatoes are a perfect partner for nearly any entree. They're a snap to put together in advance. —Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 pound Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1. Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- 3. Squeeze softened garlic into potatoes. Add the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Mash potatoes until combined. Stir in the Stilton cheese, bacon and 2 tablespoons parsley. Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 364 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic, Bacon & Stilton Mashed Potatoes
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2011
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC