Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 12 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and cream. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 341 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes
"These are the best tasting mashed potatoes! I prepared them the night before and then placed in my crock pot insert in the fridge. Then I simply added 1 hour to the slow cooker time. It was nice not to mess up the kitchen the day company was coming."