- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 15 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and water to cover in a 6-qt. stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain potatoes; return to pot. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese and butter. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, to allow flavors to blend, 2-3 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes
"These are the best tasting mashed potatoes! I prepared them the night before and then placed in my crock pot insert in the fridge. Then I simply added 1 hour to the slow cooker time. It was nice not to mess up the kitchen the day company was coming."