Garden Zucchini Chutney Recipe
“At my wits end with grating zucchini from my garden, I was determined to make something other than zucchini bread and zucchini cake. I found this recipe and altered it to our taste. Now we use it for many dishes!” —Taren Weyer, Hudson, Wisconsin
- 6 cups chopped seeded zucchini (about 7 medium)
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups raisins or dried currants
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-55 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 67 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Garden Zucchini Chutney
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC