Garden Veggie Lasagna Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally 1/4-in. thick
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place first nine ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange on two greased 15x10x1-in baking pans. Bake 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce oven to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread 1 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer a third of the noodles, a third of the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the vegetables, a third of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheese blend; repeat. Top with remaining noodles, ricotta mixture, sauce and cheese blend.
- Cover and bake 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garden Veggie Lasagna
Sort By :
I loved the filling instead of bechamel sause. I didn't have any cream cheese so i added 1/4 cup cream and shredded some other cheeses from the fridge. I also made the pasta / lasagna sheets my self and boiled them in salt water for 30 secs before asembly. For the tomato sauce i added some sugar and also some fresh herbs as parsley, basil and chives. We all loved it and it worked well also as a side dish for grilled meat.
We aren't vegetarians by any means, but thought I would try it and it is delicious!! I'm going to recommend the recipe to my daughter-in-law who is vegetarian. It is time consuming, but well worth it!
This is a really good lasagna. I left out the mushrooms, but that was the only change I made.
I've tried making veg lasagna in the past with watery results. I'm guessing that roasting the veggies ahead of time helped draw out some of their moisture because this lasagna kept it's shape so well and was not watery at all. Chopping up mushrooms and mixing in with the sauce gave thickened and flavored it nicely. I strictly kept to the exact recipe on the first try. I'll add spinach next time.
This was fabulous! I also used cottage cheese instead, but otherwise followed the recipe and it was super yummy! Definitely will be making this again. My 4 and 2 year olds ate it up- a great way to get in some veggies!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >
- Vegetarian Main Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Winning Dinner Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >
- Zucchini Recipes >