MY GRANDMA often made this light garden salad. I especially like to serve it in spring and summer, when we can use fresh vegetables from our backyard garden. The tangy Italian dressing is true to tradition. Crisp and refreshing, this salad complements any meal. -Rosalie Wright, San Jose, California
- 1/3 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all of the vegetables in a salad bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garden Vegetable Salad in Reminisce May/June 1997, p45
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2015
"I made them and they were great. This is a wonderful light lunch or dinner. I'll certainly keep this in my rotation. I've never gotten a bad recipe from Taste of Home ever. Thanks Taste of Home."