Garden Vegetable Quiche Recipe
Make your next brunch special with this fluffy, deep-dish quiche. Fresh rosemary enhances this delightful egg dish that's chock-full of savory garden ingredients. It cuts nicely, too. —Kristina Ledford Indianapolis, Indiana
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Let pastry shell stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and squash in butter until tender. Add spinach and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Spoon into crust; top with cheese.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, rosemary and pepper until blended; pour over cheese.
- 4. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 369 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC