Garden Vegetable Quiche Recipe
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Let pastry shell stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and squash in butter until tender. Add spinach and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Spoon into crust; top with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, rosemary and pepper until blended; pour over cheese.
- Cover edges of crust loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Quiche
Sort By :
This was delicious served with the Tomato Mozzarella Sauté from the same issue. The only change I made was to substitute zucchini for the mushrooms. I found that I had enough of the egg/cream mixture to make a second quiche; but unfortunately only had one pie crust.
I only changed mixing Swiss and cheddar instead of only Swiss and it was fantastic. My daughter especially likes how light and fluffy it is.
Modified it a bit. Omited the crust b/c we wanted to have it w/ english muffins. Added 1/2 lb. cooked turkey sausage after the spinach. Used sweet onion instead of red onion. Also did not have fresh rosemary so I used dried and it still worked good! Yummy!