Garden Vegetable Primavera Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, carrot, Italian seasoning and salt in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Drain fettuccine. Add the fettuccine, cheese and basil to the skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 320 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Primavera
"It was good but needed more salt."
"It was easy to make and well liked by all."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.