Although I enjoy this dish throughout the year, its even more special when I use my garden to supply most of the vegetables in it. A splash of white wine adds a special touch as well as the addition of fresh basil. I have also roasted the vegetables and added chicken breasts with delicious results.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, carrot, Italian seasoning and salt in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Drain fettuccine. Add the fettuccine, cheese and basil to the skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden Vegetable Primavera in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p25
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review