Garden Vegetable Pasta Soup Recipe
This soup is packed with energy, yet has a nice, mild flavor. The recipe makes a whole gallon, but don't worry about leftovers—like most soups, it's great reheated!
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups diced turnips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces spinach, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, thinly sliced and browned
- 1 package (8 ounces) pasta wheels, cooked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook onion, leeks and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes Add chicken broth, potatoes, carrots, turnips and mushrooms. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Add spinach and sausage; cook for 10 minutes. Add pasta, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 16 servings (1 gallon).
1 cup: 250 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Pasta Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC