Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fusilli or pasta of your choice
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- PARMESAN VINAIGRETTE:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut the eggplant, zucchini and summer squash lengthwise into 3/4-in.-thick slices. Brush the eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, red onion and red pepper with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. When cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, parsley and grilled vegetables to the pasta. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 26 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 185 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad
"Loved this! Left out the cheese for my vegan daughter (added it separately to my plate). Took about 1 hour from start to finish. Both of us deemed this one a DEFINITE KEEPER!!!"
"This is a delicious summer salad. The vegetables have that great grilling flavor. It does take a bit of time but it is well woth the effort. I have taken it to two different parties this summer and EVERYONE raved about it and asked for the recipe!!!"
"This was good - I was worried that the veggies would overwhelm the pasta but they really didn't. I used fresh mozzarella instead of feta and left out the olives."
"Delicious, but quite time consuming, many steps. Probably something I would make once every summer!"