My family has been fixing grilled mixed vegetables as a side dish for a long time. To make them more substantial, I added pasta. Then, to give the salad a Mediterranean flair, I tossed in some olives and feta cheese. —Tina Repak Mirilovich, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound fusilli or pasta of your choice
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- PARMESAN VINAIGRETTE:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the eggplant, zucchini and summer squash lengthwise into 3/4-in.-thick slices. Brush the eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, red onion and red pepper with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. When cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- Add the tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, parsley and grilled vegetables to the pasta. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 26 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p82
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review