- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 whole cloves
- Dash dried basil
- 2-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 2 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 2 dozen fresh mushrooms caps
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients; set aside. Assemble kabobs by threading meat and vegetables on metal skewers. Place in a large glass dish. Pour marinade over kabobs; cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Turn several times.
- To cook, grill kabobs over medium heat until the meat and vegetables have reached desired doneness. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Garden Kabobs in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p195
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review