When I was a kid, my parents would make corn bread for my siblings and me. We would slather butter and maple syrup over the warm bread—it was delicious. Today, I experiment a lot with recipes, just like my grandma and mom did, and that's how my version of their easy corn bread recipe was born! —Kim Moyes, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots (about 1-1/2 carrots)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh poblano pepper, seeded
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and honey until blended. Add to cornmeal mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in carrots and peppers.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Garden Vegetable Corn Bread in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review