- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup each diced potato, celery, cauliflower, carrot and broccoli
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the vegetables, water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add parsley. Just before serving, stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Chowder
Sort By :
"This soup is so delicious...only thing I did different for me is I roasted the broccoli and the cauliflower in the oven on a cookie sheet for about half an hour while the rest of the soup was cooking. Also added a little minced garlic to the sauteing veggies. Will make this again and again. Also served the cheese on the side....it really doesn't need it ..."
"First time I made this exactly like the recipe - found it bland. Second time I added Cajun seasoning & hot sauce, much better."
"Very good. I used less cheese though and very sadly did not have any broccoli. But it still was wonderful. I also added some Italian sausage to the hubby's bowl and he loved this."
"I used 2 cups of cheese rather than 3. Delicious!"
"Just made this last night. It was good, but I can't say it was the best...I'd add cheese gradually to see how much you want. I added it all at once and thought it was way too cheesy (and I adore cheese!)I also added chicken since I had it thawed out. It was yummy, just less cheese for me!"