Garden Vegetable Chowder Recipe
"This creamy blend is chock-full of savory ingredients straight from the garden," reports Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup each diced potato, celery, cauliflower, carrot and broccoli
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the vegetables, water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add parsley. Just before serving, stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 308 calories, 20 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,083 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC