Garden Vegetable Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
One slice (prepared with 1% buttermilk and salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning) equals 94 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.