Red pepper, zucchini and green onions provide the attractive color and pleasant flavor in this moist loaf from Jean Moore of Pliny, West Virginia.
- 1/2 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Garden Vegetable Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p10
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review