I submitted this recipe to a local newspaper and won first prize. I make this hearty soup whenever my family needs a good dose of veggies.&Jody Saulnier, Woodstock, New Hampshire.
Recommended: 48 Ways to Cook Fresh, Juicy Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 3 medium), cubed
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes and carrots. Stir in water, tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add yellow squash and zucchini; cook 8-10 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Garden Vegetable & Herb Soup in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p26
Reviews for Garden Vegetable & Herb Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review